We are seeking from August 2021:
Two full-time PERMANENT Homeroom Teachers (Grades 2-5)
One full-time TEMPORARY Homeroom Teacher for the school year 2021/22 (Grades 2-5)
We are seeking teachers who would enjoy being part of a school where this is how we work and learn together.
Relevant Qualifications and Desired Experience:
- An appropriate degree in Education,
- Certified teacher status in Norway. This can be applied for once a contract has been signed (NOKUT and UDIR Accreditation are required for permanent contracts),
- Experience teaching in the IB PYP,
- Relevant curriculum knowledge, especially in the areas of Literacy and Numeracy.
- Experience using Readers and Writers Workshop and Fountas and Pinnell Reading Records will be an advantage,
- An understanding and commitment to safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures. All successful candidates will undergo an extensive background check and are required to provide a police clearance certificate from the last country they have lived in.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Implement the IB PYP for all of our students while also recognising their individual language needs.
Teaching and learning:
- Create a warm learning environment that supports inquiry-based learning,
- Develop students’ cognitive, creative, critical thinking and reflection skills,
- Foster students’ self-esteem, motivation and social responsibility,
- Empower students to become independent learners,
- Design rich learning experiences that are differentiated to meet the individual needs of all students in line with the IB PYP,
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, parents and students to maintain positive, supportive relationships and ensure continuity and progression in the curriculum,
- Integrate IT into teaching and learning to enhance individual and collaborative learning where appropriate.
Assessment and Reporting:
- Use appropriate formative and summative assessments to plan for the differing needs of learners in the class,
- Assess and monitor student progress providing constructive feedback to ensure all students improve and succeed,
- Communicate effectively with families regarding the curriculum and student development through the online learning platform Seesaw and HomeSchool conferences as required.
- Engage purposefully in professional development and collaborative planning to improve performance and enhance student learning,
- Develop knowledge and skills related to the IB Primary Years Programme, contemporary pedagogy and IT.
Student life beyond the classroom:
- Supervise students as per the playground duty roster,
- Take an active part in House and sporting activities, field trips and residential trips as required,
- Support community events throughout the year.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of an environment of safety and in which every child can flourish,
- Conduct oneself professionally, operating at all times in line with ISB’s Core Values, policies and procedures,
- Demonstrate a willingness to communicate openly, calmly and professionally as part of the Lower School team,
- Be an active, positive participant in collaborative planning and meetings,
- Meet deadlines set by the Lower School Principal.
We are offering:
- An inspiring international working environment,
- An active workplace where we see and encourage each other,
- An exciting and stimulating professional environment in constant development,
- Professional and personal development,
- Salary according to the agreement with the Norwegian Teacher Union.
Send letter of application and CV no later than March 7, 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org